"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Two Unbelievable Finds!

Ahh! The warmer weather is finally here!  I am back to my daily walks around the neighborhood.  Tonight the kiddos and I were out walking.  I don't know how we missed these beauties, but we walked right passed them.  We had just gotten back from our walk when a friend knocked on our front door.  She told me of these aged beauties and thought I would like to have them.  I think she was on her way home, and she must have turned around just to tell me.  I am glad she did!
Thank you, Patricia!
I can picture the parlor these chairs would have sat in.
 They actually don't smell either!

I think this is way above what I can handle, but I am willing to study up and give it a try!
The woodwork is definitely not getting painted! 

6 comments:

  1. I wish I could learn how to do this too. I have a few chairs in my basement that need work. I hope you share after pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will share pics:) I really want to take my time researching to do it correctly :) Which will be a killer for me. I think I will learn patience :)

      Delete
  2. yep - gorgeous. I'm sure you'll figure it out - but that does look like a very major project!!! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to you picked them up! I was thinking about you all day. I was hoping that you would get them. They are beautiful Victorian era chairs. Use Restore-a-Finish on the wood. They will turn out lovely. The wood looks like Walnut. I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! What a great find! You will learn how to do them quickly. I've redone numerous old chairs, it is easier than you think. Plus the older the chair, the easier to strip and redo. Can't wait to see the finished products.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.