Life has been busy.
I have been able to work on some personal projects for my kiddos and our home.
I wanted to share with you these two props my daughter
used meant to use in her first photo shoot.
She had good intentions on using this cute little chalkboard that she found at a yard sale, and I waxed to antique it a little. She took pics of him holding it, but he ended up wiping too much of the "1" off of the board.
She knew she wanted a banner and almost purchased one at Micheals.
When I saw it, I said that I could make one cheaper than buying one. I already had the chalkboard paint and other supplies. Here is a pictorial step by step instructions:
1. I painted card stock with chalkboard paint
2. I cut it into 3x5 rectangles
3. I made a template for the pendants, both the painted and the background
4 Here is the background cut at 3.5 x 5.5
5. I used rubber cement to glue them together
6. With a small hole punch I eyeballed where I would want the twine to be woven through
7. Here you can see more of the position of the hole
8. prepping the pendant with chalk
Here is the Banner in use.
He was such a cutey and loved that little chair.
The nice thing about the banner is that I made extra pendants
that she can add or take away with each subject.
Please check out her new blog by clicking the link below.